Sunday 10 March 2019

HAND REFLEX POINTS FOR REMOTE TREATMENT FOCUS

My main surrogate for giving and hosting remote one-to-one and group treatment sessions has been my trusty assistant Cosmic Ted. He deserves some sort of award for over ten years of stout service.
Cosmic Ted, "I come in Paws."

I'm always thinking of ways to develop our remote work and I've kind of stumbled on the idea of working with hand reflex points, for sending and receiving, so as to be extra-precise about our focus. (Cosmic Ted is not being retired, he is just going to have his own assistant). This is the first chart I came across:

I was intrigued to see that there were points for all the vertebrae and for the sacrum. Maybe there would be points for the cranial bones too?
Interestingly, the reflex points aren't always shown in the same place, so I guess intention is as important here as elsewhere.
Another chart shows the cranial bones and spine aligned with the centre line of the hand.
Finally, two Facebook contacts put me onto this book which integrates CranioSacral Therapy with Reflexology - there's a fascinating story about how the two fields came to be linked here - and the penny dropped that we can indeed focus very precisely through the hand.
Separate post on tuning in with hand points coming very soon.