Monday 13 July 2020

My Introduction to Energy Work


SIX IMPOSSIBLE THINGS BEFORE BREAKFAST...
Twenty-five years ago I was a complete sceptic myself concerning energy work in general. I remember having a treatment from a therapist for back pain and the lady saying to me, "I'm just going to zap some energy into your hip".

The White Queen - "Why sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."
"What?!" I thought - I was on the verge of jumping off the couch and running down the street, so I understand that sceptical point of view. Now, though, energy work is just an everyday reality for me.TV scientists and other sceptics might scoff and there really is no "scientific" explanation that I know of for energy work in general, let alone how it's possible to treat someone on the other side of the world, but I'd just ask people to be a bit open-minded about it. It's a way of working that has the potential to help millions of people who might not be able to get help otherwise, particularly in these days of restricted touch, so I think it deserves a fair chance. At the end of the day, I guess it's something you have to experience for yourself to be convinced, and being open-minded is maybe something you need to practise, as the White Queen recommends to Alice in "Through the Looking Glass".
MY OWN FIRST ENERGY WORK EXPERIENCES - CHI KUNG
I studied Tai Chi back in 1997, hoping it would be nice gentle exercise to loosen up my spine, and had a major, completely unexpected revelation in one of the classes. We used to practise Chi Kung exercises to warm up before the Tai Chi and during one of these I suddenly became aware of a tingling, sort of magnetic, feeling of energy fields spreading out from the palms of my hands. What was that and how could I not have noticed it before?

No comments:

Post a Comment