Friday 17 May 2019

DOING NOT DOING

That was another great remote group session last night, thanks for your ethereal company everyone who joined in.
Doing not doing
I was all set to host a re-charging of the kidney energy batteries as I'd intended but the session turned into something a bit different. It settled into a deeply peaceful state, I felt I was watching the Earth from a point out in space and could see the pattern of our remote group energy network spread out below. Instead of being about re-charging the session seemed to be more about being careful with our personal energy, which I guess is a more sensible starting point when you think about it.

LETTING THINGS HAPPEN
There's a thread which runs through CranioSacral work, Taoism and also through Permaculture, which is to "do" as little as possible and allow natural processes to take their course as much as you can, to observe and listen first and foremost. It's extraordinary how you find yourself in a world of deeper, natural knowing when you work in this way.
I remember Chris Dixon, one of our Permaculture teachers, talking about Taoism and describing a standing back from the process of making something as if you are simply observing it coming into this physical world from a realm where it already existed as a design. I've actually felt this myself while making guitars and it's a brilliant feeling. A peaceful feeling instead of our general frantic, draining activity.
Anyway, I hope you all had a great session yourselves and I'm always very interested to hear any feedback.