Thursday 5 September 2019

REMOTE SESSION THURSDAY 5TH SEPTEMBER 2019 - YOUR AMAZING LIVER

The meridian for this month is the Liver Meridian though I'm going to keep the focus open to all functions of liver, and its connections with other systems.

YOUR AMAZING LIVER - MALE OR FEMALE?
When I'm treating patients in the hands-on, present way I sometimes ask them to focus their attention inwards to see if there's any body wisdom that wants to come up to the surface, and livers can be very responsive. I often ask them if they see their livers are male or female, to start the ball rolling.
I myself generally see them as masculine for some reason, even in women, toiling away tirelessly on our behalves, kind of blacksmiths and chemists - though no reason that they shouldn't be female characteristics, of course. I was treating an Italian lady recently who reminded me that in many languages there is no neuter gender, there is only "he" or "she" and no "it". So e.g. in French livers are masculine, le foie, which kind of made sense of something that has puzzled me for a while...
Anyway, a very general liver focus tonight. Here's an over view of the Liver Meridian:
The liver is a very important organ in Traditional Chinese thinking, regulating the flow of chi and blood throughout the body and much more. Liver imbalance may often be due to emotional imbalance, the liver is sometimes associated with frustration and suppressed anger.
INSPIR AND EXPIR
I'll definitely be tuning in with the subtle inspir/expir movement of the liver, as observed by Barral,  as even simply listening to this gentle to-and-fro spiralling seems to have a strong therapeutic effect.
MEDICATION
Finally, I'd just like to open up the topic of over medication at this point. Time and time again recently I've come to see just what a colossal amount of medication is sloshing around the industrial healthcare system. I think a lot of it is inappropriate and there is a large group of people who are just being medicated with no real attempt to treat the underlying issues. Between pain-killers, anti-depressants, sleeping pills, chemotherapy and vaccines there is an absolute mountain of the stuff being dished out, and of course it's largely our dear old livers that have to process it all. Where do we go from there?